Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I'M THE GRAMMAR POLICE. AND THE SPELLING POLICE. AND I *WILL* FIND YOU.

Nothing irks me more than people who can't spell. OK, I take that back...nothing irks me more than people who don't use SPELLCHECK or take the time to PROOFREAD their documents. Especially documents that are being published or posted for the general public to read.

Now, don't get me wrong - I may be Evil, but I'm not perfect. Well, not 100%, anyway (shut it - even Superman has his flaws). BUT—I do my best to proofread stuff before I post it or submit it for someone else's enjoyment or amusement.

Idiots come in all shapes and sizes, but a lot of the people who can't spell seem to work at or for restaurants.  I've seen some pretty horrific menus, let me tell you. Trust me when I tell you that no one wants to order "dogsnuts," "one ton soup," or a "stake and fries." 

But what gets me most is when something has to pass through several channels or layers of approval before being caught by someone like me.

I'm a member of The Grammar Police. See my badge? It's official. So smarten up or I'll find you. 

Here's a collection of pictures I've come across that illustrates my point quite clearly.

SIGH. Enjoy these blunders:





 This is a banner advertising a local restaurant in Marysville, WA.  I don't think I'd even try the chiken, if I were you.



Mmmmm.  Mozzalela cheese. My favorite. 




In my local Metro newspaper.  The temperatures are-a-droping.




Shopping at the mall: only some of the merchadise is on sale. 






If you need daily mantenance, I'd call these guys. 




Thank Dog I have a shirt and shoes, now I can get some sevices.



Of course.  This IS America.  Learn to speak the lanaguage, whydontcha. 



And finally.... This is are country, dammit. 
Git sum respekt an learn yasef sum Inglish.  Gawrsh. 




1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Great blog name! I... umm... borrowed your badge image on a post today. Made sure to attribute it to you. Happy to remove it if you'd like me to.

    Thanks for the laughs this morning!

    ReplyDelete